PREVENT & BRITISH VALUES POLICY STATEMENT
Prevent is one of four strands of the Government’s counter terrorism strategy. Terrorist groups pose a threat to the UK and seek to radicalise and recruit people to their cause. Prevent aims to divert people away from being drawn into terrorist activity. The aim of this policy is to outline our approach to supporting the national ‘Prevent’ agenda linked to the safeguarding of our staff and learners. To adhere to our legal obligations and to safeguard the health, well-being and safety of staff, learners and Apprentices, Ken Bate Associates Limited will: 1. Through its activities, systems and culture champion democratic values, rule of law, equality of opportunity, freedom of speech and the rights of all men and women to live free from persecution of any kind. 2. Work in partnership with “Partner” organisations including Colleges and funding bodies to seek advice, share intelligence and safeguard individuals. 3. Provide training and development for staff and learners to recognise signs of radicalisation and understand responsibilities and systems for reporting concerns; monitor this training through staff CPD records.
4. Provide training and information for employers to recognise signs of radicalisation and understand responsibilities and systems for reporting concerns.
We are responsible for providing a curriculum which:
5. Is broad and balanced, complies with statutory requirements and provides a wide range of learning which prepare learners for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life in Modern Britain.
6. Actively promotes the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance.
7. Promotes tolerance of and respect for people of all faiths, no faith and of different cultures through the effective spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of learners.
As a Work Based Training Provider we believe that we allow our Learners and Apprentices to develop and recognise right from wrong, resolve conflicts, understand and explore diversity, develop a moral code, understand others’ beliefs and understand how communities function. These qualities will prepare them for their next steps and allow them to participate fully in life in Modern Britain.
SCOPE OF POLICY
We recognise that extremism and exposure to extremist materials and influences can lead to poor outcomes for learners. We want to prepare learners for life in modern Britain by developing an understanding of British Values.
National Prevent Strategy Objectives:
POLICY CONTEXT THIS POLICY SHOULD BE READ IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE FOLLOWING POLICIES:
• Equality and Diversity
• Health and Safety
• The Counter Terrorism and Security Act 2015